So the time has come to put my pride and joy up for sale. Affectionately named "Gary" he has been a great car, really reliable and literally only had to put new top mounts, a wheel bearing and service items since last October.
Seat cordoba (polo saloon just a better looking rear end)
1.6se (very good on fuel £10 will get about 110 miles)
3 months mot.
Very low mileage with a genuine 66k miles ( will rise slightly as I use him daily) - had cambelt and major service at around 52k with receipt to prove.
Car is in nice condition but does have a few small marks etc (as expected being 16 years old). The main one being behind the drivers headlight (see last pic)where there is a small dent from getting stuck on a kerb and it bending the old bumper and wing (now has 16v bumper fitted and will include new wing in the sale just needs painting).Paint is nice and bright red unlike most this age.
I've also done the following modifications since owning him.
Suspension and wheels -
-Fk coilovers (helpers removed and camber adjusted (fitted with new top mounts) helpers included in sale incase you want to raise the car.
- Extreme offset smoothies. 15x8j Et0. Sit perfectly on the car. They have 185/45r15 tyres on (fronts brand new, rears only few months old)
- Mk3 golf colour concept red and black leather seats (front and rears), handbrake and gear gaiter trimmed to match.
-wooden effect steering wheel and boss
-custom cat back exhaust with cupra tip (not to loud but pops nicely when you want it to, does rattle a bit due to bring low)
- 16v front bumper with square number plate and foglights fitted.
- Mk2 ibiza side skirts (not fitted yet but included)
- all arches flared and rolled
- grill sprayed black with fly eyed front lights to match
- bonnet bra
-quick release tabs on the front bumper (this stop anything braking or ripping off if you do get the bumper caught)
- roof bars (specifically made for the car not universal rubbish so fit really well (roof cage not included)
Bad parts (all very minor)
-car does have the odd mark and ding
- He is very low an does scrape underneath sometimes as expected, the ride is stiff and bouncy as expected being this low on coilovers.
- front bumper isn't the best paint job but only notice up close (being picky here just like to be as honest as possible)
- couple of chips in windscreen
- exhaust does rattle (believe its the heat shield on the cat an over rear axle)
- obviously he does have some scrapes underneath from being low but nothing major
Always been really good to me and I absolutely love this car. He has been really reliable since I've owned him and hasn't been thrashed around like most, I'm nearly 30 with 2 young kids not some boy racer. I have spent a lot of money to get him looking how i wanted and you do get looks and compliments everywhere you go.
Only reason for sale/swap is i just fancy a change and something a bit quicker again. Will consider swap offers but please remember it needs to fit a family and double buggy in so nothing to small. Would also prefer something German or v.a.g
Based on the mileage, general condition and modifications Im asking £1300ono.
Collection from Southampton
For any further questions or pictures please dont hesitate to contact me.